7 Benefits of Hiring a Manhattan Plumber to Clean Clogged Drains
When you have a clog, it stops more than your water. It makes simple daily tasks difficult. In wanting to find a drain cleaning solution right away, it is tempting to reach for one of those drain cleaners you can buy at the store.
But are they safe? And will they be effective?
Clogs in your home can be a significant hassle. You may simply not have the time to wait for it to clear out before you do laundry or shower. If that is the case and you are looking at drain cleaners as an option, think again. Drain cleaners are dangerous chemicals.
Do Drain Cleaners Work?
Yes, they do. But the problem is that these products are not meant to be used regularly or regularly. Drain cleaners only take care of an issue temporarily. And if you use them too much, it can damage your pipes, leading to further issues down the line.
What chemicals are in typical drain cleaners?
Hydrochloric acid is used in most drain cleaners. This chemical can create harmful fumes, especially when combined with other chemicals like bleach or ammonia. It’s also corrosive to skin and eyes on contact, so if it leaks out of the bottle onto your hands while you open it, severe burns are possible.
There is a good reason for all the warning labels on drain cleaners. According to the National Institute of Health, these chemicals can be harmful if you swallow them, come in contact with them or even breathe them in. If you do have these cleaners in your home, you have to be sure to store them in a safe place, away from pets and children.
There are other problems with using store-bought drain cleaners. For one, they’re only effective on certain types of clogs. They also don’t address the root cause of your drain problem and can cause additional problems if you use them too often or in situations where they aren’t needed.
Drain cleaners you can buy in the store are notorious for leading to a cycle of slow and stopped drains. Because these solvents quickly flow past the obstruction once water flow is restored, they can leave parts of the clog in your plumbing system. This leaves your drain susceptible to more clogs later.
If you use drain cleaners too often, they can cause damage to your plumbing system. They contain strong chemicals that may be harmful to the metal piping of your drains and septic tank. Furthermore, these harsh chemicals are ineffective on some types of clogs, including hair or grease balls.
How Drain Cleaners Affect the Environment
Drain cleaners are bad for the environment. They contain harsh chemicals that eventually make their way into the water system. This can further damage organisms within rivers and lakes or even cause groundwater contamination.
Why would a professional drain cleaning service be safer?
A professional is trained to use the chemicals properly and know how much of them they need. They have protective gear that you don’t, like gloves or masks, so it’s less likely that these dangerous chemicals will cause an accident in your home.
Plus another benefit to hiring a professional plumber to clean your drain pipe is that they will also be able to spot any other plumbing problems you may be having. They will find issues you were unaware of and fix them before they become a bigger problem.
7 Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning Service
- MONEY: It may be cheaper in the long run to have a professional fix it. They will ensure your drain runs well, stopping you from having to buy more drain cleaner if/when your efforts fail. And they can clear it more thoroughly, preventing other problems in your pipes.
- SAFETY: You don’t have to worry about the dangers of using these harmful chemicals or even with having them in your home.
- FULLY FIXES THE CLOG: We are experts. We won’t just tackle your clog, we’ll make sure there aren’t any other problems lurking to strike later. Our plumbers are experienced at handling whatever issue could arise and are experts at spotting problems before they happen.
- NO HASSLE: Leave the mess to us
- PEACE OF MIND: The chances are that a bottle of draino will not solve your problem entirely or for long. You’ll be left wondering if it’s really cleared out. You don’t have to worry about whether your drain is cleaned when you have a professional doing a job.
- YOUR HOME SMELLS BETTER: A clog in your sink can create a smell that makes its way throughout your home. Getting a drain professionally cleaned means whatever material in your pipes will be eliminated. You won’t have to hold your nose while taking a shower or running the dishwasher.
- SPOT THE REAL CAUSE: Sometimes, what’s causing the clog is never going to be affected by a store-bought drain cleaner. If it’s a tree limb or other massive obstruction, no chemical liquid will fix that. An experienced professional plumber will spot the cause of your problem and have a solution to fix it fully.
The Right Material for a Bad Clog
Professional drain cleaning companies like Standard use technology that you can’t easily purchase anywhere else. For example, the Hydrojet is a specialized high-pressure hose that blasts away blockages and other residue.
The Hydrojet is fully portable and comes with connectors for almost any drain outlet. Once applied to a drain, hydro jetting can blast in many directions to get rid of unnecessary clogs.
Where to Find Professional Drain Cleaning Service in Manhattan, KS
If you find yourself with a stubborn clog, skip the Drano and call the Manhattan plumbers who homeowners have trusted for over a century! Standard Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning provides complete plumbing services for homes in and around Manhattan, including Wamego and Junction City.